https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CIMG7481-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-02-23 11:48:052022-02-03 10:28:14Rhuberry Jam/Orange Zest Swirl Loaf
Rhuberry Jam/Orange Zest Swirl Loaf
This recipe is guaranteed to please even the most discriminating foodie! Your family and guests will love it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 orange zested
- 1/4 cup Rhuberry Jam
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons juice from zested orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease loaf pan & line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Also, grease the parchment paper.
- Microwave the GHA rhubarb jam in 15-20 second increments until liquidy. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder & salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl beat together the sugar & softened butter for 1 to 2 minutes on medium high speed until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping the side of the bowl with a spatula occasionally.
- Add one third of the flour (1/2 cup) to the butter mixture & beat on low speed to combine.
- Add half of the milk (1/4 cup), mixing until combined, followed by one third of the flour (1/2 cup) & other half (1/4) of the milk.
- End with remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in orange zest & set aside.
- Add one third of the batter to the loaf pan.
- Drizzle one third of the rhuberry jam & use a toothpick or skewer to gently swirl the jam into the batter.
- Top with one third of the batter & gently smooth the batter.
- Drizzle one third of the rhuberry jam & swirl again with the tooth pick or skewer.
- Add the remaining batter and smooth the batter to the edges.
- Drizzle the remaining rhuberry jam and swirl again with the tooth pick skewer.
- Bake for 30 minutes then rotate the pan & bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar & orange juice together in small bowl.
- Spoon it over the still hot loaf & let it come to room temperature before slicing.