https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CIMG7467-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-02-09 15:19:292022-02-03 10:34:05Cinnamon Buns
An excellent delicious treat for breakfast, desert or snack with your favorite coffee.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese I used the whole package
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs & salt.
- Add yeast & milk mixture to above ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board & knead until smooth.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour, as needed, to keep the dough from sticking (dough should be slightly sticky).
- Add as little flour as possible; the more flour that is added, the heavier the bread will be & the goal is to have very light bread. If the dough is sticking, rub a little oil on your hands.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl & turn once to have grease on top. Cover, let rise in a warm place free from draft about one hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough & roll the dough on a clean surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll out to a rectangle shape until approximately 21 inches long & 16 inches wide by 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix brown sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread the softened butter evenly over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Starting from the long side, begin rolling the dough down to the bottom edge, jelly roll style.
- Cut the rolled dough into 1 3/4 inch slices & place into a lightly greased baking pan, allowing about 1 inch space between each.
- Put rolls in a warm place & allow to rise again until nearly double in size (approximately 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake buns at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While rolls are baking, mix the ingredients for the icing. Beat well until light & fluffy.
- When rolls are done, drizzle generously with the icing while still warm.