https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/CIMG7397-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-01-01 12:27:482022-02-03 10:38:30Butterhorns
Yummmm! This is a world class generations old recipe that has been handed down within our family and meticulously kept. These tasty little gems are light, amazingly tasty and sure to be gobbled up in no time. Try serving these for breakfast, desert and as a delicious appetizer at family gatherings and celebrations.
- 1 cup butter crisco or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 1/4 oz. original yeast
- 2 tblsps warm milk
- 2 tblsps sugar
- Dissolve yeast in 2 Tbsp. warm milk with 2 Tbsp. sugar and set aside.
- Cream 1 cup butter Crisco and 1/2 cup sugar until light n' fluffy.
- Add eggs & beat until smooth.
- Add salt, yeast mixture with 2 cups flour and mix until smooth.
- Alternate warm milk & remaining flour in bowl until well blended.
- Place dough in warm bowl, cover with plastic wrap and towel. Dough will be sticky.
- Place bowl in warm location and let rise until doubled in size. This will take approximately 2 hours or less.
- After dough has risen, place dough on floured service and divide into 3 equal parts.
- Roll each part out like a pie crust & cut into approx.16 pieces.
- Roll each piece like a crescent roll beginning at the wide end.
- Place on baking sheet and let rise until doubled. This will take approximately one hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool & frost with your favorite white icing & top with finely chopped walnuts.