https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/CIMG7384-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2019-12-22 15:11:422022-02-03 10:52:25Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
A delicious appetizer, snack or desert that is scrumptiously chewy and not overly sweet. This recipe is a must try and would be perfect for any celebration or get together!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 - 2 tbsp orange juice (optional)
- additional sugar to coat cookied before baking
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- Combine cranberries with a 1/4 cup sugar from the recipe in a food processor & process just until cranberries are broke down into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Combine flour & remaining sugar in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter. You want to have very fine crumbs
- Stir in extract, cranberry/sugar mixture, orange zest & orange juice (optional).
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together & forms a ball.
- Keep on working the dough until it comes together completely.
- Shape dough unto a log about 2" in a diameter & wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a Minimum of 2 hours. Will keep nicely up to 72 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and cut slices into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl & coat the cookie slices with sugar.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet & bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookie are just set.
- Do not overbake
- Let cookies cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack. Let cool completely for best results before eating.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.