https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/CIMG7815-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-07-26 16:17:172022-02-03 10:11:10Bruschetta
Great side dish or appetizer on a toasted baguette.
- 1 baguette (cut in 1/2 inch slices)
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- Turn your oven on to the broil setting. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet.
- If preferred you can brush the slices with a bit of olive oil on both sides & season with a bit of salt & pepper.
- Place under the broiler & toast on both sides for about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, cheese, salt pepper & olive oil. Taste for seasoning & adjust with the salt & pepper if needed.
- Spoon bruschetta on the toasted bread slices & drizzle with balsamic reduction vinegar.
- To make your own balsamic reduction add 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan & place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer & let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the vinegar reduces down. Stir occasionally, It is done when it coats the back of a spoon. Let cool before stirring.
- Leftovers: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Do not leave bruschetta out for more than 2 hours.