https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/CIMG7817-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-07-26 13:40:112022-02-03 10:15:54Cucumber Rolls
A unique tasty treat that goes good with any meal with melted butter, garlic ghee butter or great topped with Bruschetta.
- 1 cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tblsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 Tblsp minced fresh or dried chives
- 2 tsp minced fresh dill or 3/4 tsp dill weed
- Place cucumber in a blender or food processor: cover & process until smooth.
- Place 3/4 cup puree in a saucepan (discard remaining puree or save for another use).
- Add sour cream, water, sugar & salt to saucepan: heat to 120 degrees - 130 degrees (mixture will appear separated).
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, yeast, chives & dill.
- Add cucumber mixture & beat on low speed just until moistened: then beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface: knead until smooth & elastic about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover & let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down: let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape into 12 balls: place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in baking pan.
- Cover & let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan & cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.