https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/007.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2019-09-08 11:07:552022-02-03 11:17:40“Apple Roly-Poly”
We strongly suggest making this for special breakfast occasions or tea parties. We especially love it when using when using Summer Rambo or Ida Red apples.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening regular or butter crisco
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (mix brown sugar & cinnamon together)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 medium (5 cups) apples peeled & coarsely shredded
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Cut in shortening & butter until crumbly.
- Add sour cream & blend until a ball forms.
- Place dough in refrigerator while preparing apples.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a 15-inch x 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread with softened butter; sprinkle with remaining filling ingredients.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with the long side.
- Cut into 12 -16 servings.
- Place slices, cut side down in a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- For topping; combine water, brown sugar & cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in the cream.
- Carefully pour hot topping over the dumplings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. (Center will jiggle when the dumplings are hot out of the oven but will set as dumplings stand for a few minutes.)
- Serve warm.