https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/004.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2019-09-02 17:13:032022-02-03 11:08:44“Apple Crisp”
This is an amazing treat that can be served as desert or for breakfast. Extremely tasty,but not overly sweet. We suggest using Summer Rambo or Ida Red apples.
- 10 cups Rambo or Ida red apples, peeled, cored & sliced For best results
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp caramel Dislolved in the warm water
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Recipe makes (1) 9X13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced apples in a 9X13-inch pan.
- Mix the white sugar, flour, ground cinnamon & nutmeg together & sprinkle over the apples.
- Pour water and caramel mixture evenly over entire surface.
- Topping: Combine the oats, flour brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda & melted butter together until pea size crumbs.
- Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for approx. one hour.