https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CIMG7990-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2020-12-13 17:58:052022-01-23 19:12:52Sweet Cinnamon Orange Rolls
These sweet and moist cinnamon rolls with a hint of orange are as close to perfect as you will ever get! This tasty treat is perfect served as breakfast and/or desert!
Sweet Cinnamon Orange Rolls
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour plus up to 1 cup extra for kneading
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (0.25-oz) pkg quick-rise yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsps Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tbsps orange zest
Cheese Cream Icing
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsps orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan over heat, add milk & 1/3 cup butter, Stir until melted; remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar & salt.
- Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture.
- Combine, then add egg.
- Using your hands, or the dough hook attachment on a stand mixer, knead while gradually adding up to 1 cup flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls away from the edges of the bowl.
- Let dough rest 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top & sprinkle with 1 cup sugar, cinnamon & orange zest.
- Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut crisscross into 10 equal strips.
- Roll each one & arrange in a buttered baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Cover dish with a clean, damp towel, place in over & turn oven off. (cover the buns with parchment paper before placing the damp towel on top)
- Allow to rise 25 minutes then remove from oven.
- Preheat oven again to 350 degrees.
- Pour heavy cream over rolls.
- Bake 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Ina a bowl, stir together cream cheese, powered sugar, orange juice & vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle over rolls.