https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/004.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2017-12-24 16:45:242022-02-03 13:32:49Sara’s Homemade Bread
Sara’s Homemade Bread
This is an awesome light bread recipe that is great with just plain butter for breakfast or dinner. Try it toasted with our tasty Hot Pepper or Rhuberry Jams on top of melted butter for a truly amazing treat!
- 2 packages active dry yeast I put this in a cup to dissolve the yeast.
- 3/4 cup warm water ( 105 to 115 degrees)
- 2/3 milk warm milk
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsps shortening
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 7 to 8 cups white flour
- Dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm water. Stir milk & water with sugar, salt, & shortening.
- Add the yeast mixture and slowly add the wheat flour plus 3 cups of the white flour.
- Beat until smooth and be certain to mix in enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle if needed.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth & elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. (Dough is ready if impression remains.)
- Punch down dough; divide in thirds. Roll each piece into rectangle 9×9 inches.
- Roll up, beginning at short side. With side of hands, press each end to seal. Fold ends under loaf. (Note: I did not do this to the ends of the bread) Place seam side down in greased loaf pan.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown & loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans. Brush loaves with soft butter and allow to cool on wire rack.