https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/019.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2018-02-25 15:05:092022-02-03 11:38:33Rhuberry Double Decker Pastry
Rhuberry Double Decker Pastry
The Rhuberry-Licious Jam adds a tasty finish to an already amazing treat! This pastry is an awesome with coffee or tea for breakfast, lunch or a tasty desert after dinner. Impress your guests by serving as a delicious appetizer when entertaining at special gatherings as banquets and parties. Be careful though, that your guests don’t fill up on these before the main course!
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 tsps. baking powder
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 2 tbsps. crisco
- 4 egg yokes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz GHA Rhuberry jam
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt. (set aside)
- In mixing bowl, cream butter & crisco.
- Add egg yokes, sour cream & vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour & sugar mixture to the batter, scrapping down sides of the bowl.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out first layer of dough as for a pie & place on bottom of jelly roll pan. (11 x 14)
- Spread nuts & sugar mixture over first layer of dough. (keep some of the mixture to sprinkle over jam)
- Roll out second layer of dough & place over nut layer.
- Spread the second layer with GHA Rhuberry jam.
- Sprinkle second layer with remaining nut mixture.
- Roll out third layer of dough & cut into strips.
- Place strips on top to form a lattice design.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.