https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/019.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2018-01-07 12:01:522022-02-03 12:07:51Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake
The pinnacle and most popular of all premium chocolate cakes is without a doubt, a perfectly prepared Red Velvet Cake!
- 1 cup crisco
- 1 tsp. crisco
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tblsp. vinegar
- 2 tblsp. cocoa
- 1 oz. bottle of red food coloring
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour or flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tblsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Butter Frosting: As Follows
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tblsp. flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Use 2 or 3 8" pans. Grease the bottoms of pans only. ( use parchment paper on the bottoms of pans )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 1 cup plus the 1 tsp. of crisco in a mixing bowl along with the sugar & cream until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs, salt & vinegar.
- Next add the cocoa & red food coloring.
- Add alternately the flour & buttermilk.
- Mix in a cup the baking soda, hot water & vanilla.
- Add the baking soda mixture to the cake batter.
- Divide the batter up & spread evenly into the pans. ( It does not matter how many pans you use )
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until cake is done in center.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- For a delicious frosting to complement the cake, use a butter frosting.
- Butter Frosting for Red Velvet Cake; As Follows:
- Cook until thick 1 cup milk & 3 tblsp. of flour
- Once the mixture is very thick, set aside to cool completely.
- Place 1 cup butter & 1 cup sugar in a mixing bowl & cream until light & fluffy.
- Combine the butter/sugar mixture with the milk mixture a little at a time until light & fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla to mixture.
- Continue to whip the mixture until fluffy.
- Spread the icing onto the layers of the cake. Cover the sides with icing & top of cake.