https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/012.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2018-03-25 16:07:542022-02-03 16:24:47Easter Bread
Easter Bread is an annual tradition every Easter in our home! We always look forward to Sara making her amazing delicacy for the very special time of the year. We are happy to share this precious recipe with you all here! We’re sure you’ll love it as much as we do!
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 3/4 cup melted butter or butter crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 3 tsps. cinnamon
- 2 pkgs. yeast
- 8 cups flour
- 1-2 cups golden raisins If desire, soak the raisins in water to soften then drain.
- Scald milk & add melted butter or butter crisco. (You can use just the butter crisco.)
- Stir in sugar, salt & vanilla or cinnamon. (A bakery where I once worked, we only used cinnamon.)
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
- Add yeast to milk mixture.
- Stir in beaten eggs.
- Add 4 cups flour.
- Cover & let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Mixture will be foamy.
- Knead in rest of flour to make workable dough.
- Knead in golden raisins.
- Continue to knead until dough is smooth & elastic.
- Divide dough into 3 portions.
- Place in greased bread pans.
- Cover & let rise until double in bulk about 1 hour.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow.
- Cool on wire rack.