https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/006-3.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2018-01-08 11:00:202022-02-03 12:05:57Cabbage & Meatball Casserole
Cabbage & Meatball Casserole
An exceptional easy and tasty country dish to prepare anytime. Your family and guests will surely enjoy and be asking for seconds. Great dish for buffets...... and don't forget the toasted garlic bread when serving this dish!
- 2 .5 lb ground chuck
- 1 head cabbage small head 2-2.5 lb.
- 1 qt. stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. G.H.A. Roasted Garlic Spread Heaping tsp. or to tatse
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. dried minced onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- onion powder & garlic salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. each; dried parsley & chives
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl place ground chuck, rice, bread crumbs, roasted garlic spread, minced onion, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic salt & egg. Mix well by hand.
- Make meatballs to a size of your choosing and place in a dutch oven,crock pot or slow cooker.
- Cut cabbage to a size of your choosing and add to dutch oven or what you're cooking with.
- Add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce, water, additional salt,pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, parsley and chives to taste. At this time if you choose, additional roasted garlic spread or fresh garlic can be added to the stewed tomatoes.
- Cover and place into a preheated 325* oven and allow to cook for approx. 3 hrs.