https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/004.jpg 2304 3072 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2017-12-25 10:15:592022-02-03 13:25:10Apricot Coffee Cake
Apricot Coffee Cake
Extraordinarily delicious cake for breakfast, desert or tasty snack with coffee, tea or cold glass of milk that will surely have you and your guests asking for more!
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts (divided)
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves (divided)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream & vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt; add to cream mixture & mix well.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased & floured tube pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the walnuts & spread half of the preserves to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Cover with remaining batter.
- Spoon remaining preserves over batter to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving platter.