https://www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/CIMG8762-scaled.jpg 1920 2560 John Bobinis //www.goldenharvestacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-red-340x156.png John Bobinis2023-02-20 13:08:182023-02-20 13:17:13Nut Roll Coffee Cake
Nut Roll Coffee Cake
Yummmmmm!! Great for breakfast, dessert or snack. Be sure to serve with an after-dinner dessert when entertaining. Your guests will truly love it!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup butter melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 3 egg yokes
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cups ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp butter, softened.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese optional
- 3-4 tsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the butter, milk, egg yolks, sugar, salt & flour.
- Beat until smooth. Do not knead.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- *Note: Prepare filling the same day prior to rolling out dough.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites & vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form & sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in walnuts; set aside.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Divide into thirds.
- Roll each portion into a 15-in. x 13-in. rectangle.
- Spread filling over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side and pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets.
- Cover & let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Combine icing ingredients.
- Drizzle over coffee cakes.